mijn-design

a developer\’s life

Archive for February, 2008

clsql, elephant and suse-linux-x64

Posted by Michael on February 27, 2008

Now that I’m getting a little bit more comfort with Emacs/Slime and remote development, a new, big problem hit me :
Neither clsql nor elephant will work. Both come with some C source which compiles fine to *.so but either a function (atol64) is not found or the *.so can’t be loaded at all.
So for the moment I’m a bit lost in the dark, don’t really know how to solve these problems. Searching the internet up and down gave me no hints yet, but I keep trying.

Edit: Tried it and I can load clsql without problems on gentoo, on Mac OS X Leopard but not on SUSE64. What the heck is the reason for it ???
Edit2: Low memory …

Advertisements

Posted in Database, Development, Linux, LISP, SBCL, VirtualHost | Leave a Comment »

My Lisp playground & Hunchentoot

Posted by Michael on February 23, 2008

Finally I have a playground for Lisp : lispit.org.
It’s at its very beginning, but Hunchentoot is already running default page here.
I have to watch if it is working stable and permanent up.
I have also newLisp installed on the server for testing but not yet up and running.

Helpfull blog entries about installation of Hunchentoot are here and here.

Edit: Stopped server for changing scripts / files and now nothing works 😦
Edit2: Reseted changes, server up again, can connect to swank-server and work remote. Try this Welcome page   Not working at the moment 😦

Posted in Development, LISP | Leave a Comment »

A Lisp-Driven Webserver

Posted by Michael on February 12, 2008

Some days ago I found this blog. An here is his lisp-driven website.

Hopefully on day I manage similar stuff.

Posted in Linux, LISP | Leave a Comment »

SBCL Lisp + Hunchentoot on a webserver

Posted by Michael on February 10, 2008

I don’t want just read books but do some real exercises. So I decided to give it a try and get sbcl + hunchentoot running on my public webserver with OpenSuse (64bit).

First installed a binary from sbcl.org and gave clbuild a try no chance without git and darcs and I didn’t want a ghc installation on the webserver. So just for a test did a ./clbuild buildsbcl – again with no luck, sbcl didn’t start just threw an exception.

Returned to a standard binary sbcl installation and asdf-install’ed hunchentoot with all necessary libs. There are some minor glitches I have to work on, but finally got a test page shown with hunchentoot !

Now the real work starts … 🙂

Posted in Linux, LISP | 1 Comment »